The New Ensign Classic
The Ensign, designed by Carl Alberg, is the best family daysailer/racer ever.
- The leader in the art of small boat sailing/racing
- Handles like a larger full keel boat
- Large roomy cockpit
- 3 foot keel
- 3,000 pounds displacement, 1,200 pounds of ballast
- Original molds
- Classic, traditional characteristics
- One-design specifications
- Custom handcrafted quality
- Superior materials and craftsmanship
- Seats, floors, doors, trim in beautiful hardwoods OR optional fiberglass
- Improved upon original Pearson-built Ensigns in including fiberglass rudder, closed-cell deck core, increased floatation strategically placed, integrated fiberglass cabin unit
- Perfected techniques insuring original sail/race quality and strength
- Owner - 37 years of Ensign experience
- Many options
Ensign Spars is the only licensed builder of the Ensign Classic.
The Ensign may not be the first boat you buy but it will be the last boat you own.